CrossFit East Bay FAQs
What should I bring?
- Your own towel (we have showers, we are working on getting towel service).
- Your own water bottle: we will have cold, filtered water. Currently we have bottled water, which is complementary.
Where do I park?
- Metered street parking generally available
- Public parking garage. We validate. Validated rate is $2.25 for 2 hours. http://www.jacklondonsquare.com/parking.html
- Free street parking 500 meters away at 2nd & Jefferson, near Cost Plus and BBB, always available. Closer free parking is hit or miss. Google Street view map of free parking area below.
How else can I get there?
- 12th Street BART is 0.8 miles away
- Broadway Shuttle from 12th Street terminates at CFEB:
- Lake Merritt BART is 0.9 miles away (nicer walk)
- Oakland Ferry Terminal is 0.3 miles away.
- Amtrack is 0.3 miles away.
Is there a place to lock up my bike?
- Yes, locked storage in the parking garage across the street, street bike racks across the street.
Do you have indoor bike storage/will you be building indoor bike storage?
- No. We don’t and won’t have room for this.
But my bike is really expensive can I put it inside/lock it to the railings?
- No. The terms of our lease do not allow locking bikes to the railings.
Can I bring my kid(s)?
- Yes: however:
- All children must have a caretaker who is NOT the person working out, OR be able to self-entertain, etc. Quiet infants excepted. Please do not bring babies who are criers unless they have a caretaker or you are prepared to stop working out to sooth them/remove them from the gym. No crying babies in the gym.
- Children are not allowed to play in the gym or use fitness equipment without professional supervision. They may sit in the gym doing quiet activities.
Can I bring my dog?
- Yes (woof!) if you introduce the dog to us and we approve of you bringing him or her. This must be done on a separate occasion from your workout.
- Doggy must be well behaved and under your voice control, cannot jump on people, etc.
- Doggy must remain calm and quiet while you do your workout: NO BARKING! No Whining.
- If you find yourself telling people your dog “is just playing”, don’t bring it.
Where do I find updates about CrossFit East Bay?